Monday, April 02, 2007

Do I look like a senior citizen?


This morning I took a little jaunt to CVS pharmacy (which happens to be located on the fringe of Sun City) to buy some much needed supplies for my wife who is feeling under-the-weather. When I was ready to make the purchase I went up front and had the following conversation with the 68 1/2 year old cashier:

Cashier: Hello
Me: Hi
Cashier: Do you have a CVS card?
Me: No, I don't.
Cashier: Well, why not?
Me: I don't know.
Cashier: Do you live around here? I mean...you're not a snowbird are you?
Me: Nope, I live around here.

A snowbird? Wait a second...I knew I had a few gray hairs but I didn't think they were noticeable to the naked eye. I might shop occasionally in a Sun City store or two but never once did I think I might be misstaken for one of them. I've always had a fear that one day as I shop in a Sun City store all the elderly would point at me while chanting over and over again, "You're not welcome here!" At least I know now that I will be able to shop in peace.

2 comments:

Col said...

Come on David... You don't have any hairs of an awkward color. You are just a young pup.

(This comment will also be used in the lyrics of a new song.)

David said...

I can't wait to hear it.