Monday, November 06, 2006

Grand Opening of a new Village Inn?



No. This is the line at the Surprise MVD. I was one of 3 people under the age of 70 today. Today I found out first hand how the elderly keep getting drivers licenses. This story is about a lady that represents many in the elderly community. Let's call her Bernice. Bernice was there to renew her drivers license. It so happens that as I was sitting across from Bernice when her number N002 was called. Her number was called and there she was searching for window number 5. So far so good, right? Wrong. She can't find window 5. She's looking and looking, counting the windows (although she doesn't know which side to start the counting from). That's when I fealt bad and pointed her to window # 5. Then she said to me jokingly, "Maybe I shouldn't be driving if I can't see." She then walked over to where I pointed and stood directly in front of the window staring at the big sign with the number 5 on it. That's when I hear, "Where is window #5?" (repeated multiple times). The employee then helped her. The amazing part is that just before this she had passed the eye exam.

4 comments:

Tatum said...

That is a great story! I had a similar expirience at the DMV about two months back. It involved two deaf elderly people, sign language and an eye exam, need I say more.

Aubrey said...

I saw your friend Bernice this weekend when I was skateboarding with some dudes. Here is the footage of it.

David said...

That was definitely her.

Courtney said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.